March 6, 2018
Packing tips to prepare for successful storage
Shake off the dust, open the windows, spring is on its way, are you ready? After those cool winter months, spring provides a nice reprieve but sometimes your space takes on a few extra things. Self storage offers the solutions for de-cluttering and simplifying possessions around the house. Reconsider how you save space and see how a little extra space can start your spring off on the right foot. Our storage packing tips will show you what to do with your belongings before arriving at the storage unit.
Store-It knows the tips to prepare you for a successful storing experience. Everything from a secure location to store to a team of experts who know the best solutions for storing. Plan ahead with the packing tips bellow.
Storage packing tips for your next move:
- Gather packing tools such as boxes, tape, and tarps. Purchasing a starter kit may be helpful.
- Use the right size box for the job. Do not over fill big boxes with too many materials. They seem light when you are taking them off the shelf one at a time but after they are all loaded together, that large box will not withstand the weight.
- Each piece of your china set needs to be packed separately. If you switch your dinner room set for a brighter or floral design because spring, wrap the winter set in bubble wrap sleeves. You can find bubble wrap in our office.
- A piece of cardboard or soft blanket absorbs vibrations while on the way to your unit.
- If you plan on continuing to use some of your items, keep them closer to the front of your unit for easy access.
- Hiring a moving company may be a hassle free way to go. If you need help choosing one in our Halethorpe MD area, talk with our store manager.
- Keep boxes from the same room grouped together so nothing gets misplaced.
Welcome warmer weather around the house with the help of our storage packing tips.